Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit can't control white light/brightness with Yeelight Smart LED bulbs

I have quite a few lights in my home, most of them are Smart LED bulbs from Yeelight (which can do both white light and colour).

When controlled in their app (Yeelight app), everything works fine and I can control brightness and colour to my needs. But given I'd like to use Siri with voice commands to control the lights, It would be best to move to the "Home" app instead of creating shortcuts (via the Shortcuts app on iOs) from the Yeelight app.

But in Homekit, there's a very noticeable bug or glitch : once you turn any light from bright white (cold or warm) to colour, the brightness goes down and you can't revert to a "bright white" light... Which works fine in Yeelight or MiHome app.

I'm not the only one having this issue, it's been discussed here quite a bit here.

According to Yeelight, the issue comes from Apple's Home / Homekit app which "mixes colour in" when you want to get back to a bright "white" lighting...

I've reported the problem to apple and would recommend you do the same, unless someone found a solution ???

I'm using an iPhone 11 with iOs 14.4.2

Posted on May 1, 2021 5:35 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Homekit can't control white light/brightness with Yeelight Smart LED bulbs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.