Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When is it safe to remove a stolen iPhone from Find My?

One of my older iPhones was stolen years ago. At the time, I activated the "Erase Device" option in Find My so that my info would be cleared from that device, the next time it made an internet connection. It has been years now and that device still shows up in my device list as "Erase Pending". I presume that the thieves turned it off and discarded it or something, but I have no idea. It is just a minor annoyance to have to see it in my device list every time, but I would like to remove it from my device list. However, I am afraid that if I remove the device, and it does for some reason come online in the future again, that my information will not be cleared from the device.

Are there any options for me to remove the device from my device list but still feel secure about the data on it not being accessible to others?

Posted on May 1, 2021 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 11:47 AM

See the 'Remove a device from the list' and the 'Permanently remove a device from your account page' sections in the article below.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.    

1 reply

When is it safe to remove a stolen iPhone from Find My?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.