Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim Card Transfer

At what point in the transfer of date process should I move my sim card over to my new iphone 12?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 1, 2021 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 2:53 PM

I am assuming you have an unlocked new phone with no supplied SIM. It’s how I buy them.

I am also assuming that your provider has not set you up with an eSIM if that is what you meant by embedded.

If my assumptions are correct you take the SIM from the old phone, pop it in the new one making note if the tray may be the other way round. Turn on the new one with the old one powered up with Bluetooth on and next to it. Start the setup from Hello and it will offer you the choice of direct Bluetooth transfer. (Quick Start)

If it has eSIM set up or comes with a SIM then you don’t need to swap the old SIM in.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2021 2:53 PM in response to bella2013roma

I am assuming you have an unlocked new phone with no supplied SIM. It’s how I buy them.

I am also assuming that your provider has not set you up with an eSIM if that is what you meant by embedded.

If my assumptions are correct you take the SIM from the old phone, pop it in the new one making note if the tray may be the other way round. Turn on the new one with the old one powered up with Bluetooth on and next to it. Start the setup from Hello and it will offer you the choice of direct Bluetooth transfer. (Quick Start)

If it has eSIM set up or comes with a SIM then you don’t need to swap the old SIM in.

Sim Card Transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.