Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone versions

Does the iPhone 12 pro max international version work in Saudi Arabia normally? And how can i know if this bersion is ME OR INTERNATIONAL i need clarification plz

Posted on May 1, 2021 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2021 4:21 PM

There is no such thing as an "international" version of the iPhone.

iPhones are region or country specific. For the most part they should work fine, however not all phones from other countries will support the LTE and/or 5G bands used in your country.

5 replies

May 1, 2021 4:36 PM in response to layan149

As was said, there is no such thing as an international version of iPhone. Amazon in certain countries, like Saudi ArabIa have been selling iPhones as international versions, but in reality are phones from other regions, which do not have the limitations that phones meant for the region may have like disabled Facetime.

In most cases these are North American versions, which should normally work fine.

But the “international version” monicker has no real meaning in determining wether it will work as it does not officially exist. There is no way for anyone to guarantee in any way what may or may not work with iPhones labeled as an international version.

You take your chances when buying such devices.

May 1, 2021 4:41 PM in response to layan149

It should also be noted that the warranty will only be honored in the country where the device was originally sold.

The so-called "international" versions they sell are NOT new devices. They are, by definition, used. They were originally sold by Apple or an authorized retailer in another country and are now being re-sold (illegally in some cases) in countries where there are legal restrictions on the functionality of devices sold there.

iPhone versions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.