Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Photos from iPhone Keeps Coming Back

Why are photos that I deleted from my photo stream keep coming back immediately after I delete them? I need to remove them to free up space since I got an error that I was running low on memory. But if I cannot delete them, how am I ever going to get that space back?

I tried connecting my phone to my computer through USB, but it too didn't work. When I tried deleting photos, it just told me that the image couldn't be deleted and that "the device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected", but it is in fact connected to my computer. Is there a good way to do this because it shouldn't be this difficult to delete some photos.

Posted on May 1, 2021 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 2:32 AM

Probably you have synced these Photos from your Mac/PC through iTunes. UN-sync then they would be gone from iPhone.

UN-Sync photos to your device

1. Connect your device to your Mac.
  2. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or using a Wi-Fi connection. To turn on Wi-Fi syncing, see Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi.
  3. In the Finder  on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar.
  4. Select Photos in the button bar.
  5. Note: When iCloud Photos is turned on, no photo syncing options appear when you select Photos in the button bar.
  6. Select “Sync Photos to your device from” tickbox, then choose Photos, Pictures or a folder from the pop-up menu.
  7. Uncheck Sync photos
  8. Click on Apply / Sync

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 2:32 AM in response to iFlower

Probably you have synced these Photos from your Mac/PC through iTunes. UN-sync then they would be gone from iPhone.

UN-Sync photos to your device

1. Connect your device to your Mac.
  2. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or using a Wi-Fi connection. To turn on Wi-Fi syncing, see Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi.
  3. In the Finder  on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar.
  4. Select Photos in the button bar.
  5. Note: When iCloud Photos is turned on, no photo syncing options appear when you select Photos in the button bar.
  6. Select “Sync Photos to your device from” tickbox, then choose Photos, Pictures or a folder from the pop-up menu.
  7. Uncheck Sync photos
  8. Click on Apply / Sync

Deleted Photos from iPhone Keeps Coming Back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.