Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I have a "contacts" area on my apple watch, but can find nothing on how to get names and numbers in there?

I have heard that you cannot add contacts to your apple watch. Why do I have a "contacts" area on my apple watch, but can find nothing on how to get names and numbers entered?

Apple Watch

Posted on May 1, 2021 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 1:35 AM

Well yes, contacts are automatically synced from the iPhone to your watch. That is more capable device for such data entry.

Couple things to check:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Apple ID Profile > iCloud and check that Contacts is toggled ON. If not, toggle it ON.

• If that does not help, try the reset action in the Watch app, under General > Reset > Reset Sync Data

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 1:35 AM in response to mbirmi1

Well yes, contacts are automatically synced from the iPhone to your watch. That is more capable device for such data entry.

Couple things to check:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Apple ID Profile > iCloud and check that Contacts is toggled ON. If not, toggle it ON.

• If that does not help, try the reset action in the Watch app, under General > Reset > Reset Sync Data

Why do I have a "contacts" area on my apple watch, but can find nothing on how to get names and numbers in there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.