Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil battery is at 100% but charging doesn't stop

Hello everyone,

It's been 3 days that I bought my ipad air 4 and apple pencil 2. Since I'm new to apple and its Ecosystem, I don't know if it is normal or not, so I ask to see.

After the pencil's battery reaches 100%, the charging sign does not disappear and the ipad keeps charging the pencil even though it's battery is fully charged. Is it normal? I even left the pencil overnight connected to ipad and when I checked in the morning, the charging sign was still there. Doesn't pencil's battery gets overcharged in this way?

Farhad

Posted on May 1, 2021 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 2:28 AM

This indication is nothing to worry about - and is by design. Whenever the second generation Apple Pencil is not being actively used, it must be kept docked to the edge of the iPad, as this will optimally maintain and protect the Pencil battery from irreparable damage through unintentional complete discharge.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 2:28 AM in response to Farhademami73

This indication is nothing to worry about - and is by design. Whenever the second generation Apple Pencil is not being actively used, it must be kept docked to the edge of the iPad, as this will optimally maintain and protect the Pencil battery from irreparable damage through unintentional complete discharge.

Apple pencil battery is at 100% but charging doesn't stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.