Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Chrome is impossible to remove from my 2018 MacBook Pro iOCBig Sur

Approximately 4 weeks ago my Mac updated itself and since then files or websites have become sluggish. I tried to move the Chrome icon from "Applications" folder but it does not disappear. I removed Chrome files from Library and still that icon remains in my Apps folder. If I click on it the browser still works. I thought that I killed it but I think it still has a heart. Any ideas on how to remove this program would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 2, 2021 4:18 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2021 7:43 AM in response to gaucho10

Hello gaucho10,

From your post, it appears you are having an issue with removing Chrome from your Mac. Here is some information we hope will help.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined here on how to remove a application from your Mac: How to delete apps on your Mac - Apple Support

You can find steps on how to remove Chrome provided by Google here: Uninstall Google Chrome - Computer - Google Chrome Help

If you continue to have an issue, try starting the Mac in safe mode, and removing the application.

To start in safe mode, begin with the computer powered off. Follow the directions found here, depending on what type of Mac you have: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

The computer will take longer to start in safe mode, and the screen may have some distorted video as it starts up. This is normal. Once you are logged in, try using the above steps to remove the application.

Cheers.

Google Chrome is impossible to remove from my 2018 MacBook Pro iOCBig Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.