You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my billing address w/o changing payment method?

I've recently moved, and am trying to update the billing address for my Apple ID. For some reason, whenever I try to update the billing address, the Apple website prompts me to change my payment method. I DO NOT want to do this, just change my billing address.

I have already updated my billing address for the Apple Card, but for some reason it has not carried over to the Apple ID. The Apple Card is set as my primary payment method, and I don't care to change it.

Anyone know how I can accomplish what should be a simple feat?

Posted on May 2, 2021 6:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 6:28 AM

The billing address and card MUST match- this a legal anti fraud financial requirement.

If your move is permanent your bank needs to know YOUR current address !

If you have sorted that out with the bank then you need to decouple the card(s) and update again.

4 replies

May 2, 2021 6:24 AM in response to Eric Volker

Log into your account in the App Store/iTunes and you should be able to change/verify it there. Or you can click the blue Edit payment methods in the article below. When signed in and the page loads, you will be on the credit card page. After updating that, click the Go Back button at the lower left and you will be on the address page.

Apple ID payment information - change.  

How do I change my billing address w/o changing payment method?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.