Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch native support for heart rate zone training

Posting this to see if there is interest for a feature to add native heart rate zone training for the Apple Watch. Specifically, while using a training app the haptic engine and/or speaker provide user feedback to manage high/low range for the selected heart rate zone. This is in addition to the heart rate zone analysis in during the workout.

It surprises me the this is not a native feature on the Apple Watch as I have used several fitness system with a watch and heart rate monitor that provide customizable zones and audible feedback indicating the user is below or above the zone. There are a few zone trading apps however as far a I can tell they are stand along and do not work I parallel/simultaneous with other fitness apps (Strava, native workouts)

I have submitted Apple feedback periodically since 2018. This and Apple discussions have not yielded any changes. 

Years ago I requested to add this feature Strava app on the Apple Watch but it has not made it into current version and is unlikely given Strava dropping development and support for Bluetooth peripherals.

It does not appear that this request is isolated and this feature is needed to support training. I found a recent article that relates.

Heart Rate Training: Is It Right for You? | Runner's World https://www.runnersworld.com/beginner/a20812270/should-i-do-heart-rate-training/

Please provide your responses…

Apple Watch

Posted on May 2, 2021 7:31 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Watch native support for heart rate zone training

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.