Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I have duplicate contacts on all my devices: Mac, iPhone and my iCloud. How do I get rid of this duplicates?

Hi, I have duplicate contacts on all my devices: Mac, iPhone and my iCloud. How do I get rid of this duplicates?

Posted on May 2, 2021 8:06 AM

6 replies

May 14, 2021 2:53 PM in response to addoyle

You won't find the functionality on iCloud.com. It is only available on the Contacts app on a Mac computer or on a Windows computer if you have Outlook. Please see the following article on how to proceed depending on the computer you use: If you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

If these options are not available to you, I'm sorry but you will have to manually delete the duplicates.

May 12, 2021 4:17 PM in response to sfgwfqcgeg

The above Apple recommended post links back to this very page in a circular reference. Have tried turning off iCloud contacts, merging duplicates, power cycling, then turning on iCloud Contact sync. No difference. Still duplicate contacts on all my devices - Macs, iPhones and iCloud. I have a few hundred contacts so individually merging each one is a ridiculous level of effort to solve this. Seems it started with whatever were latest OS version updates for MacOS and iOS around middle of 2020. Also, new contacts entered using my SE2020 running iOS 14.5 (latest version as of this post) don't sync to other devices even though iCloud sync for Contacts is definitely turned on everywhere, as indicated at the start of my post.

May 14, 2021 2:08 PM in response to 6x6

I may be missing something, but from my iCloud account, in Contacts, I do not see an option to "look for duplicates," nor to merge. If this is meant to imply that I must manually search for duplicates, it's just about every one of my contacts and it looks like I'd have to delete each duplicate entry. Any insight? thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.