Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing account region not updating app store

I recently moved countries and had a subscription for an app had run out. It told me “your account is not valid for use in *old country*. You must switch to *new country*’s store”, so i updated the region in settings however it hasn’t updated the app store I tried paying for the subscription again and it told me the same thing, so i tried deleting and reinstalling the app but now it won’t even let me reinstall it, saying the same message. Is there somewhere else i’m supposed to change the region for the appstore specifically? I should also add that this is a family account, and i’m not the owner

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on May 2, 2021 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 2:04 AM

I fixed it! If anyone else is having the same issue, i managed to fix it by just logging out and back into my apple id account through settings.

Similar questions

9 replies

May 2, 2021 11:09 PM in response to kswales24

If you aren't the family organizer, you can't change the region that the family account is in. And if you have changed the region for your Apple ID, you most likely don't any longer have access to the family.

Also, is the app in question available in the new region?

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.3; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.4; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.5; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.5  HomePods, audioOS 14.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

May 9, 2021 1:27 PM in response to Dah•veed

Hi there,

Sorry for taking so long to reply,

I forgot to mention that i had actually asked the family organiser to change the region for the whole family account, so that is not an issue.

Also, i’ve just found out that it won’t let me download any app at all from the app store, not just the specific app i was talking about before - it says the same message about how my account isn’t valid for use in the country’s store.

Changing account region not updating app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.