Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac: some websites won't open in Safari after Big Sur 11.3 update

I started a similar thread already and marked it "solved" because I was having the same issue on both my MacBook Air and my iMac running Big Sur 11.3. In Safari certain websites weren't opening, most notably is Facebook. The suggestion was made to reboot in Safe Mode and try the websites, and if they worked in Safe Mode, reboot and they should then work. This method worked for my MacBook Air (so I marked the last thread "solved" as I assumed wrongly that this would work with my iMac also), but it did not work for my iMac.

So for the iMac I reinstalled the system (Big Sur 11.3), then, after realizing those websites still didn't work, I again rebooted in Safe Mode, and they still didn't open. Strange because they work fine in Opera. Any suggestions?

Posted on May 2, 2021 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 1:20 PM

So sorry, it turns out the people where I work did something to our internet system to block certain websites and DIDN'T TELL ME (and I'm in charge....), geez. I figured this out as when I went home everything worked fine.

2 replies

May 3, 2021 10:35 AM in response to bikinijack

Hi bikinijack,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like some websites still won't open for you on your iMac.

Following these steps may help: If Safari doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected.

If you still can't get the sites open, test them inside a new user. This can help isolate the issue to your user account's Safari or system-wide. Here's how to make a new user: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Let us know how it goes.

Have a fantastic day!

iMac: some websites won't open in Safari after Big Sur 11.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.