Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to turn on my app tracking option in my iPhone but it’s gray which means it’s not letting me does anyone know how to fix this problem?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on May 2, 2021 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 3:39 PM

In some circumstances, the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" setting is disabled, including:
  • For users with child accounts or under age 18 by birth year, signed in with their Apple ID
  • If your Apple ID is managed by an educational institution or uses a configuration profile that limits tracking
  • If your Apple ID was created in the last 3 days

Some users who fall outside of these cases are still seeing the option grayed out. Signing out and back in iCloud may resolve the issue.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 3:39 PM in response to Johnn58

In some circumstances, the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" setting is disabled, including:
  • For users with child accounts or under age 18 by birth year, signed in with their Apple ID
  • If your Apple ID is managed by an educational institution or uses a configuration profile that limits tracking
  • If your Apple ID was created in the last 3 days

Some users who fall outside of these cases are still seeing the option grayed out. Signing out and back in iCloud may resolve the issue.

Axel F.

I’m trying to turn on my app tracking option in my iPhone but it’s gray which means it’s not letting me does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.