Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch update

My Apple Watch needed to be updated, so I tried to update it but told me that I needed to free up some space. I clicked on the option to free some and then the watch app wouldn’t switch tabs unless I updated the watch or factory reset. I clicked on factory reset so I could update it after I reset. I ended up having to leave home so I wasn’t connected to a stable wifi connection other than my cellular data. When I came back home and tried to start over, it doesn’t work! It stays on the “checking for updates” screen LOADING until my phone uses my cellular data and then it won’t let me update

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on May 2, 2021 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 2:44 PM

Hello and Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

You claim its searching for updates and non pop up? If so on your apple watch go to Settings > General > About and then look under vision and the as of Sunday May 2nd 2021 the latest version is 7.4 if not you can refer to the several articles I have linked below that might help us resolve this issue.

Articles:

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You can also try to unpair your watch like you forgot your password and that will reset it again but when you restore it make sure your on Wifi:

If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 2:44 PM in response to brianalys231

Hello and Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

You claim its searching for updates and non pop up? If so on your apple watch go to Settings > General > About and then look under vision and the as of Sunday May 2nd 2021 the latest version is 7.4 if not you can refer to the several articles I have linked below that might help us resolve this issue.

Articles:

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You can also try to unpair your watch like you forgot your password and that will reset it again but when you restore it make sure your on Wifi:

If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Apple Watch update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.