Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old mini iPad

Hi, I have an old mini iPad which I’m planning to use it more. The iOS says 9.3.5 and updated. How can I update it to 11 or higher, if possible?

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on May 2, 2021 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 6:23 PM

Sorry.

Your iPad is too old for any more iOS upgrades/updates.

Your 2012 iPad Mini 1st gen will be 9-years old, this year, in 2021.

That iPad is very old now.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, refurbished or used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, locally or from on the Web/Internet, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are PLENTY of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

A WHOLE LOT has happened with iPad and iOS ( now iPadOS ) in 9 years and in the past nearly 5 years since iOS 9.3.5.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 6:23 PM in response to MimiRK

Sorry.

Your iPad is too old for any more iOS upgrades/updates.

Your 2012 iPad Mini 1st gen will be 9-years old, this year, in 2021.

That iPad is very old now.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, refurbished or used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, locally or from on the Web/Internet, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are PLENTY of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

A WHOLE LOT has happened with iPad and iOS ( now iPadOS ) in 9 years and in the past nearly 5 years since iOS 9.3.5.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Old mini iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.