Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari can not play flash videos on certain websites

hey there,

I have recently upgraded to mac os big sur from mac os catalina that I used to have.

The last two months I have noticed that safari will not play flash videos from certain websites whereas it could play these videos from websites such as youtube.

I am also aware that safari has stopped flash recently so I do not know actually if this has to with the problem.

My question is if there is something I could do to play all these videos.I have also updated my big os sure to the last update but unfortunately this did not solve the problem.

Any ideas of what I should do or try to fix this?

Many thanks.

Posted on May 2, 2021 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 3:34 AM

Those websites need to update their websites.

I haven't seen any Safari Extension that will convert the format.

Plug-ins

“Learn more

Safari no longer supports most web plug-ins. To load webpages more quickly, save energy, and strengthen security, Safari is optimized for content that uses the HTML5 web standard, which doesn't require a plug-in. To enhance and customize your browsing experience, use Safari extensions instead of web plug-ins.”

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203051

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2021 3:34 AM in response to it.smenikos

Those websites need to update their websites.

I haven't seen any Safari Extension that will convert the format.

Plug-ins

“Learn more

Safari no longer supports most web plug-ins. To load webpages more quickly, save energy, and strengthen security, Safari is optimized for content that uses the HTML5 web standard, which doesn't require a plug-in. To enhance and customize your browsing experience, use Safari extensions instead of web plug-ins.”

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203051

May 3, 2021 4:23 AM in response to it.smenikos

Flash has been discounted due to security risks. This is from the Adobe website:

"Since Adobe no longer supports Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems. "

You really do not want to have Flash running locally.

safari can not play flash videos on certain websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.