Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracks appear out of order

I use Apple Music, and in a few of the albums that I've added to my library, the tracks appear out of order, like this:

But this only happens on the Mac - the order is fine on iPhone and iPad. It's quite annoying. I haven't been able to figure out what causes it or hold to solve it. Viewing the info of all files on this album for example shows nothing weird. Anything I can do about this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 3, 2021 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 11:25 AM

Deleting and redownloading the album has helped. It's just extremely weird that the Music app can't do something as simple as sorting tracks by track number 🤔

Similar questions

6 replies

May 4, 2021 11:10 AM in response to vrot

vrot,

In this case you cannot remove Apple Music, so we'd like to have you remove the album from your Mac, then search for it again in Apple Music. Does it appear in the correct order there? If so, let's go ahead and download the album again. Are the tracks in the same order or a different order?

If the same thing occurs, we'd like to have you test this on a newly created admin user on your Mac: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know what happens, and we'll go from there.

Farewell!

Tracks appear out of order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.