Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2020 i3 OVERHEATING

When I first bought the Macbook Air 2020 i3 model its good for gaming, streaming, editing and light stuffs

Then its almost a year now I experience some fps drops in games and streaming and overheating problems

when im using safari and doing some web browsing it over heats and lags

chats, browsing etc, even watching youtube videos

by the way Fans are working and i have an cooler

PLS SOMEONE HELP ME

Posted on May 3, 2021 5:28 AM

8 replies

May 4, 2021 9:58 AM in response to HenzonePH

HenzonePH,

Thanks for that additional information.

Next, check to make sure you have enough storage space available on your Mac: How to free up storage space on your Mac

Also, start in safe mode, and see if the issue persists there: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Finally, if the issue persists, reset the SMC and check again: How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Thanks!

May 10, 2021 9:12 AM in response to HenzonePH

HenzonePH,

Thanks for sharing those details.

Next, check for any congestion on your Wi-Fi network, and check if the issue persists with another network connection.

The steps here may also help with performance on your Mac: About pop-up ads and windows in Safari

Finally, confirm the date and time are set correctly: Set the date and time on your Mac

Regards.

May 4, 2021 5:16 PM in response to Erica_S1

Hmm

I have plenty of storage in my Mac

then I did safemode its laggy as **** but I have a question

what will you do in safemode? restrat?

I have a question about SMC How do I know I its succesfull because I've done it so many times its like nothing

happened

btw you hae solutions for apps use so many CPU% safari takes 100% just of web browsing and sometimes when I open apps it takes all my CPU the after 10secs it will go down

Thx!

Macbook Air 2020 i3 OVERHEATING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.