Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting iCloud files on Windows desktops

Hi. I'd like to preface this question by declaring that I think this must affect a small group of users: Windows desktop users that use iCloud with one or more iOS devices.

I am a heavy user of a note-taking app called Obsidian (highly recommended, by the way). The Obsidian developers have released an iOS version of their app in beta. The synchronization of notes between devices and desktop must be done via iCloud, apparently. This is not an issue since there is a Windows version of iCloud.

There is one annoyance, however, which seems to be impossible to overcome. When deleting a file from within Obsidian, iCloud Drive brings up a dialog box stating the file will be moved to 'this PC and will no longer be available in iCloud Drive on any of your devices.'

1) It seems impossible to turn this dialog box off after the first time, or at all

2) Sometimes the dialog box appears hidden behind the Obsidian app, which requires shifting the app window far enough over to reveal the dialog box

If anyone has solution to this or a better approach, I'd love to hear it.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 3, 2021 6:36 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Deleting iCloud files on Windows desktops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.