You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I have a virus notification in my calendar

Why do I have a virus notification coming from my calendar?

iPhone 7

Posted on May 3, 2021 8:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 9:02 AM

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211076

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 3, 2021 9:02 AM in response to Simplegirl

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211076

May 3, 2021 9:12 AM in response to Simplegirl

And to answer your "why?" question with a side trip into "how?", some website offered a "do you want notifications?" webcal link, or maybe some mail message arrived and offered a webcal subscription (haven't tried that path), and the calendar subscription offer was accepted, and the calendar was subscribed.

As happens with many of these cases, the calendar is then filled with advertisements.

Why do I have a virus notification in my calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.