Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Relocated Items folder containing Configuration files has appeared on my Desktop.

A Relocated Items folder containing Configuration files has appeared on my Desktop. An accompanying pdf says:

'These configuration files were modified or customised by you, by another user or by an app. The modifications may be incompatible with the recent macOS upgrade. The modified files are in the Configuration folder, organised in subfolders named after their original locations.

To restore any of the custom configurations, compare your modifications with the configuration changes made during the macOS upgrade and combine them when possible.

Configuration files with the suffix "system_default" were edited or customised but the changes were allowed to remain installed. The system_default version of the file is provided to demonstrate what the Apple-supplied version of this file would look like. It is recommended you compare the two and evaluate whether you wish to integrate any changes Apple may have made to the default version.'

How do I do that? Do I need to? Can I just bin the complete Recovered Items folder?

Mac mini, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 3, 2021 10:42 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 3, 2021 3:45 PM in response to dgirling

It is recommended you compare the two and evaluate whether you wish to integrate any changes Apple may have made to the default version.'

How do I do that? Do I need to? Can I just bin the complete Recovered Items folder?

If you actually made the changes in the first place, you would know how to do that.

Since you don't know what they are, you most likely didn't edit them in the first place so there is nothing you need to do.

Relocated Items folder containing Configuration files has appeared on my Desktop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.