Newsroom Update

This fall, AirPods software updates will transform the way users respond to Siri, take calls, and immerse themselves in their favorite games. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple TV 4K (2021) Connect to two sets of Bluetooth headsets or only AirPods?

Can Apple TV 4K (2021) Connect to two sets of Bluetooth headsets (Plantronics Backbeat Fit 2100 Wireless Headphones, for example) or only AirPods?

If only AirPods, do AirPods Generation 1 work?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on May 3, 2021 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 1:28 PM

Share audio from Apple TV 4K with a second pair of headphones

For private watching, you can send audio from an Apple TV 4K to up to two pairs of compatible Apple wireless headphones, such as AirPods or Powerbeats Pro.

Note: Sharing audio is not supported on Apple TV HD. For more information on which headphones are supported, see the Apple Support article Share audio with AirPods or Beats headphones.

1. Press and hold the Home button  on the Siri Remote to open Control Center.
  2. Select the Audio Controls button .
  3. Swipe down to headphones, then select the headphones you want to use.
  4. If you don’t see your headphones, follow the instructions in Find and connect to a nearby Bluetooth device.
  5. Select Share Audio, then follow the onscreen instructions to pair the second pair of headphones.

Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2021 1:28 PM in response to ekc-LA

Share audio from Apple TV 4K with a second pair of headphones

For private watching, you can send audio from an Apple TV 4K to up to two pairs of compatible Apple wireless headphones, such as AirPods or Powerbeats Pro.

Note: Sharing audio is not supported on Apple TV HD. For more information on which headphones are supported, see the Apple Support article Share audio with AirPods or Beats headphones.

1. Press and hold the Home button  on the Siri Remote to open Control Center.
  2. Select the Audio Controls button .
  3. Swipe down to headphones, then select the headphones you want to use.
  4. If you don’t see your headphones, follow the instructions in Find and connect to a nearby Bluetooth device.
  5. Select Share Audio, then follow the onscreen instructions to pair the second pair of headphones.

Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

May 3, 2021 1:56 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

Hi Johnathan, thanks for the super quick response!

Possibly my question was not clear enough.

Can I connect two Bluetooth headsets at once such as the Plantronics Backbeat Fit 2100 Wireless Headphones (Bluetooth 5.0)?

OR

Must I use only Apple AirPods? Do Apple AirPods Generation 1 work?

The reason for the question is I have pre-ordered the Apple TV 4K 64GB (2021). I already own Apple Generation 1 AirPods (love them!). With CDC guidelines opening up, I want to invite a friend over to watch TV using my new Apple TV 4K and he does not own AirPods. He does, however, own the newest version of the Plantronics Backbeat Fit 2100 Wireless Headphones (Bluetooth 5.0). Will the Plantronics Backbeat Fit 2100 work with my new Apple TV?

Thanks in advance for your help!

May 6, 2021 6:36 AM in response to ekc-LA

The answer, above, does not solve my problem: 1. No headphones are shown when I select the Audio Controls button, and; 2. under Bluetooth devices, it will show both pairs of AirPod Pros as connected but the audio will only play through one set of the AirPod Pros. My Apple TV is Model A1842 and AirPod Pros were purchased December 2020. I have a Sony Bravia 4K 2015.

Can Apple TV 4K (2021) Connect to two sets of Bluetooth headsets or only AirPods?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.