Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have forgotten my apple ID password and I don't have access to the old email account that the apple ID is attached to.

How can I recover/reset my password?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on May 3, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 7:16 PM

If you forgot the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification  email option if necessary.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

4 replies

May 9, 2021 1:19 PM in response to SteveSWall

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      

May 9, 2021 12:17 PM in response to Bilalenesballi

I have this same problem. For example, I bought many songs using an old Apple ID (email address): using a work email address that I no longer can access as the sign in. I cannot play these 477 songs even though they appear in my latest/new Apple ID "Music on Mac" (1.0.6.10) library (on Catalina 10.15.7).

When I try to play these songs, I am asked for the Apple ID and password. I type in my old work email address that I used to buy these songs - the same email address that is listed as the "Purchased by" Apple ID for each songs' Get Info: File page. Therefore, I know at one time, years ago, this was a valid Apple ID since I have hundreds of songs tagged with this Apple ID. When I click Forgot Password and enter this old Apple ID, it says "This Apple ID is not valid or not supported."

I think this means I can never hear these songs unless I buy them again while logged in to my new and valid Apple ID. I have moved on and I will survive given enough therapy. : ) Have a great day.

I have forgotten my apple ID password and I don't have access to the old email account that the apple ID is attached to.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.