Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing Cursor

Often on start up, my wireless cursor pointer does not appear. I have to restart my Mac Pro.

Or I attach a mouse, which works, then disconnect wired mouse, and wireless mouse works.

MacBook Pro 13″, 10.11

Posted on May 3, 2021 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 6:33 AM

You get full screen mode when you click on the green "stoplight" button at the top of a window.

Use apps in full screen or Split View on Mac - Apple Support

You can also make the pointer one size larger, and/or enable: "shake mouse pointer to locate". I run with this enabled at all times.

Change Cursor preferences for accessibility on Mac - Apple Support.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 6:33 AM in response to TadandJacci

You get full screen mode when you click on the green "stoplight" button at the top of a window.

Use apps in full screen or Split View on Mac - Apple Support

You can also make the pointer one size larger, and/or enable: "shake mouse pointer to locate". I run with this enabled at all times.

Change Cursor preferences for accessibility on Mac - Apple Support.

May 3, 2021 4:52 PM in response to TadandJacci

That computer uses Intel Iris 6200 Integrated graphics, and display memory is shared with System memory.

One reason that the cursor may disappear is if you invoke Full-Screen Mode. When you do the system seem to get confused about whether the cursor should be present and where.

Full screen mode is a feature reverse ported form the iPhone, land of tiny screens and one-at-a-time processing. In my opinion, you are almost always better off stretching the window to almost fill the display, rather than clicking the button for full-screen.

The other possibility os that your wireless mouse is not being seen. Bluetooth uses the same frequency band as 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, but does channel hopping to dodge your wi-fi traffic. It is subject to the same sorts of interference caused by badly-shielded USB-C and USB-3 peripherals.

Disappearing Cursor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.