Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery of my iPad dies fast

when I start using my iPad, I unplug it and it shows that the battery is charge at 100%. It takes about 15 minutes and the charge drop suddenly to 3%. When I plug it back, it climbs back to 100% within 1 minute? Weir? So, the only way to use my iPad is to leave it plug in all the time. Besides buying another iPad, how can I fix this problem?

Hector

Posted on May 3, 2021 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 4:48 PM

Start here:

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

As described your battery may require replacement. Assuming that the iPad remains functional, you would be well advised to directly contact Apple Support - and request a remote battery test. The result of the test may better inform your next steps.

You will find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can open a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

As a further alternative, you might visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to test and assess you iPad.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2021 4:48 PM in response to hecroy

Start here:

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

As described your battery may require replacement. Assuming that the iPad remains functional, you would be well advised to directly contact Apple Support - and request a remote battery test. The result of the test may better inform your next steps.

You will find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can open a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

As a further alternative, you might visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to test and assess you iPad.

Battery of my iPad dies fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.