Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Replacement

I got a Macbook 2019 last year, purchased from Currys. About 2 months in it started playing up, for starters about 2 seconds before shutting down the screen has a glitch (sort of like a green/red colour), it has shut off three times after starting up and won’t turn back on unless i plug it in to charge, and every time i put it on charge it says for about 30 seconds “battery not charging” then it starts. The laptop has been taken to repair 4-5 times now and i’m really starting to get sick of it because every time i get it back the issue is still there. i only got it LAST year, my warranty ends next month and at this point i feel as if it isn’t going to get fixed by next month. i’m really at a loss and apple just keep saying they’ll fix it and it’s still happening, they’ve said about a replacement but haven’t actually spoken to me properly about it. i really just don’t know what to do, i do not want a laptop that isn’t even working properly after only a year

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 3, 2021 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 9:00 PM

Run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

To look for possible software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

It would help to know what Apple has done each time they have examined your laptop so we can understand what they were thinking and possibly seeing.

How often does the laptop have these issues?

Did Apple get a chance to examine your charger and charging cable?

Are you connecting the charger directly to the laptop and have you tried using the charger on the other USB-C ports especially on the other side of the laptop? Plugging the charger into a multi-port adapter, dock, or hub may not allow the full power of the charger to reach the laptop. Also try rotating the connector of the charging cable 180 degrees upside down to see if it makes any difference (I know this sounds crazy but it can make a difference).

Do you have problems when all external devices are disconnected?

Does an SMC Reset help with the charging issue?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2021 9:00 PM in response to mifromhitchin

Run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

To look for possible software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

It would help to know what Apple has done each time they have examined your laptop so we can understand what they were thinking and possibly seeing.

How often does the laptop have these issues?

Did Apple get a chance to examine your charger and charging cable?

Are you connecting the charger directly to the laptop and have you tried using the charger on the other USB-C ports especially on the other side of the laptop? Plugging the charger into a multi-port adapter, dock, or hub may not allow the full power of the charger to reach the laptop. Also try rotating the connector of the charging cable 180 degrees upside down to see if it makes any difference (I know this sounds crazy but it can make a difference).

Do you have problems when all external devices are disconnected?

Does an SMC Reset help with the charging issue?

May 4, 2021 8:15 AM in response to mifromhitchin

Thanks for confirming that Apple did not replace any hardware.

If Apple did not identify any hardware issues, then try my suggestions. It is very likely the source of your problems is due to software so the EtreCheck report is important for us. Or you may have an intermittent hardware issue and my other suggestions may help to determine this.

Macbook Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.