Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro firmware 3E751 degrades noise cancellation

Does anyone experience the same? The update of AirPods 3E751 actually degrades noise cancellation on my AirPods Pro rather significantly that I could hear the difference.

Posted on May 3, 2021 5:15 PM

6 replies

May 4, 2021 12:40 PM in response to lesnarchen

Hello lesnarchen,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We are happy to help you!

It looks like you are having trouble with the noise cancellation performance on your AirPods Pro.

We have taken the liberty of providing your with some additional troubleshooting steps to help with a path to a resolution:

AirPods Pro and AirPods Max Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode

If Active Noise Cancellation isn't working as expected on your AirPods Pro

We hope this finds you well!

Cheers!

Jun 22, 2021 10:43 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

I am a professional classical musician, i often use my AirPods pro (ANC on and without playing music) to enjoy the quietness after a day of practicing.

I found the ANC was obviously degrading since last year, i went to apple store for a new pair of AirPods but things are not getting any better.

the ANC is getting even worse after upgrading to 3E751. I can hear every words people speaking around me, as well as bass noise from the car engine and other disturbing noise. And the ANC is no difference to just putting a rubbish earphones on my ears without playing a song.

as a classical musician i have to take good care of my ears, I really enjoyed complete silence after work, especially on my way back and forth to the practice room. when i first got my AirPds Pro in feb 2020, the ANC cancels 80-90% noise, and now with 3E751, it only cancels 10-15% noise. Just disappointing!

Adjustable ANC strength is really necessary for this product. If things are not getting better I probably will upgrade my earphones to Sony WF-1000XM4………

AirPods Pro firmware 3E751 degrades noise cancellation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.