Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download previous iTunes music purchases onto a new phone, without using a PC or Mac?

I have previously bought music using iTunes which is stored on my old phone. I can't access it on Music on my new phone - the downloads message says "Showing only music on this iPhone".

My previous purchases are only on 1 device. They were all bought legitimately through Apple.

Why can't I download them?

Do I need to have iCloud sharing on?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 3, 2021 6:46 PM

5 replies

May 27, 2021 11:45 AM in response to Jeanne0149

1) This is not live chat. This forum is peopled by users like you helping other users. You ask a question and if somebody thinks they know the answer then they post when they happen to see it.

2) Your question is not the same as that originally asked. Normally you would start your own topic/thread with your question. That would apply even more so in this case where Apple has put a black apple next to a post meaning they consider the question answered and the topic essentially closed.

3) This topic was started 3 weeks ago and I suspect many helpers won't bother looking at follow-up questions to topics with no activity in 3 weeks.

4) As for your question, read this article: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - https://support.apple.com/HT201253

How do I download previous iTunes music purchases onto a new phone, without using a PC or Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.