Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Country locked iphone

I have a country locked iphone xr which was bought from US by my dad. After my dad using it, i reset it so that i could use it. But then the phone got country locked. I called some service centres but most of them didnt pick. One guy told me that i can temporarily unlock but it will cost ₹3000inr. with Temporary unlock i wont be able to update software ir reset the phone again. Is there any way you could help me solve this?

i really want this fixed.

Posted on May 3, 2021 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 9:21 PM

Your iPhone is not Country Locked. Your iPhone is Carrier Locked. Your iPhone is locked to the Carrier that it worked on last. Ask your dad and find out which carrier worked on it. Then you will have to contact that carrier (cellular service provider) and ask them the requirements to get your iPhone unlocked. Once the carrier unlocks your iPhone in their system then you will be able to use other carriers, compatible with your iPhone, around the world.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2021 9:21 PM in response to Xrj7_n

Your iPhone is not Country Locked. Your iPhone is Carrier Locked. Your iPhone is locked to the Carrier that it worked on last. Ask your dad and find out which carrier worked on it. Then you will have to contact that carrier (cellular service provider) and ask them the requirements to get your iPhone unlocked. Once the carrier unlocks your iPhone in their system then you will be able to use other carriers, compatible with your iPhone, around the world.

Axel F.

Country locked iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.