Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

V700 Big Sur

Mai 2021 and seems that Epson Scan 2 still not working with Big Sur.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 4, 2021 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 4:54 AM

Epson has not updated the Scan 2 product for Big Sur compatibility. The last version was released in early Oct 2020 (for Catalina) well outside of any Big Sur beta, or released software testing. They did release a Jan 2021 v5.8.9 ICA driver for Apple's Image Capture.

The paid (free trial) of VueScan Professional can drive this scanner without the need for any installed Epson software or drivers. Even Epson recommends this product.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 4:54 AM in response to NikonMan13

Epson has not updated the Scan 2 product for Big Sur compatibility. The last version was released in early Oct 2020 (for Catalina) well outside of any Big Sur beta, or released software testing. They did release a Jan 2021 v5.8.9 ICA driver for Apple's Image Capture.

The paid (free trial) of VueScan Professional can drive this scanner without the need for any installed Epson software or drivers. Even Epson recommends this product.

May 5, 2021 4:29 AM in response to VikingOSX

With a printer that old you might encounter the problem I did on my Canon all in one that used a 32bit installer.

On the older Macs where I installed the software on MacOS versions that still supported 32bit the printer & Scan software continued to work perfectly even after upgrading beyond Catalina but on newer Macs that was not an option & as I had to reinstall from scratch my last Mac with functional drivers after a disk failure I had to junk a perfectly functional printer/scanner because Canon never came out with an updated installer for this "obsolete" product.

V700 Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.