📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I let my users install apps?

When I created a apple-ID user, the app center was locked.

I want to give the users the abilities to install the apps they want. How can this be done?

Posted on May 4, 2021 4:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 9:02 AM

We are using apple business manager in our organization and wish to continue using this, not make a family plan too. Is there any way we can have apple-IDs in business manager where the users can purchase their own apps?

3 replies

May 5, 2021 9:14 AM in response to marte241

Yes, you can have Managed Apple IDs to allow users to access services such as iCloud and the App Store. To download and install Apps they may need to link the Managed Apple ID to their own.

See here: link-> What are Managed Apple IDs in Apple Business Manager? - Apple Support

and here: link-> About Managed Apple IDs for business - Apple Support

May 5, 2021 7:52 AM in response to marte241

Hello marte241,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you would like to allow users to install apps they want. To be able to purchase and install apps, they will need access to the App Store and for that they will need to be a member of a Family Sharing group or have access to your Apple ID and password. You can take a look at these articles for more information about setting up and using Family Sharing:

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Best regards.

How can I let my users install apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.