Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pro 12" not responsive after patch

My iPad Pro is unresponsive to touch since the update, The home button still works and I'm still able to charge it, but anything else is not happening, in other words, I have a very expensive clock.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 4, 2021 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 4:43 PM

If iPad isn’t responding, do one of the following:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note: If iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2021 4:43 PM in response to Grandlaff

If iPad isn’t responding, do one of the following:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note: If iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

May 5, 2021 11:26 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanx for your prompt response, but having tried that course of action numerous times before, with no positive result, I had to chat to Apple Support for a different solution. They recommended that I go and consult with an approved repairer and see if they could help. Adtech of Rockingham was the nearest to me, (1-hour drive away) and after them warning me that they would wipe the memory and reinstall the OS and then the latest patch, it would take around an hour to complete. After the wait was over, the device was still unresponsive. but also informed that as the unit was still under warranty, that I would be entitled to a completely new replacement, needless to say, that came at a great relief. All that they needed was the original purchasing documentation, well as this unit was a replacement for another faulty unit, a year before, and as the first unit was purchased online from the Apple Store in 2018, I no longer had that information. Adtech advised me that until I possessed that information, I would not be able to prove that the unit was mine, therefore not being able to get the replacement. Extremely frustrating, because Adtech was the one that recommended the first replacement one year ago, as I had the Apple Id and Password, (another thing I no longer possessed), apparently they don't keep records that far back, so couldn't confirm it either. They said that by taking the device to an Apple Store, the staff there would have access to that information and would be able to proceed with the replacement. Another 1-hour drive later, the Apple Store informed me that due to the Privacy Act of Australia, they weren't able to access customers' personal account information and that I would have to ring Apple Support to obtain those details. That was an extremely frustrating 4 hours of timewasting. which cost me half a tank of diesel and got nowhere. As I got home after the close of business hours, I will have to wait till tomorrow to proceed...

I will keep you informed!

Sincerely,

Adrian Jon Livingstone

iPad pro 12" not responsive after patch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.