Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur emails not deleting

HI

I've recently upgraded to Big Sur and now my deleted emails keep re-appearing in my Inbox. I've started the iMac in Safe Mode but this doesn't fix the issue.

Suggestions?

Thanks

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 4, 2021 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 1:31 PM

Greetings BittenByTheSkiBug!

From your post we see you are running into some trouble with emails that you delete being returned to your inbox. We can see how that would be an issue and want to help! Do those emails continue to reappear if you go to the web client for your email account and delete them there? That can help determine if this is an account setting causing the issue. You may also want to try removing and re-adding that mail account: Add an email account to Mail on your Mac.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 1:31 PM in response to BittenByTheSkiBug

Greetings BittenByTheSkiBug!

From your post we see you are running into some trouble with emails that you delete being returned to your inbox. We can see how that would be an issue and want to help! Do those emails continue to reappear if you go to the web client for your email account and delete them there? That can help determine if this is an account setting causing the issue. You may also want to try removing and re-adding that mail account: Add an email account to Mail on your Mac.

Take care!

Big Sur emails not deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.