Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I save text messages from my iPhone 12 onto a PC?

How can I save text messages from one number onto a PC?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 4, 2021 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 5:13 AM

It is not possible to transfer your SMS messages directly to your PC. You need a Mac, or a 3rd Party program for Windows.

Programs like, AnyTrans claim that they can transfer SMS messages from your iPhone to PC. However, the program is not free. Do a Google search for Transfer iPhone SMS to PC - there will be lots of results.

It's simpler on a Mac. If you have access to a Mac, with your Apple ID and messages on, then it may be possible to export the messages as a PDF.

On your Mac, open the Messages app and find the conversation. Tap File, and then Print. A new window appears, at the bottom is "PDF" in a drop down menu, expand the menu and select "Save as PDF

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 5:13 AM in response to AusTXFitnessGal

It is not possible to transfer your SMS messages directly to your PC. You need a Mac, or a 3rd Party program for Windows.

Programs like, AnyTrans claim that they can transfer SMS messages from your iPhone to PC. However, the program is not free. Do a Google search for Transfer iPhone SMS to PC - there will be lots of results.

It's simpler on a Mac. If you have access to a Mac, with your Apple ID and messages on, then it may be possible to export the messages as a PDF.

On your Mac, open the Messages app and find the conversation. Tap File, and then Print. A new window appears, at the bottom is "PDF" in a drop down menu, expand the menu and select "Save as PDF

May 5, 2021 9:04 AM in response to AusTXFitnessGal

Unfortunately, the iPad does not have this option.

In MacOS you have the option to print out your messages. It is in this process that you have the option to save the entire printout as a PDF file.

How can I save text messages from my iPhone 12 onto a PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.