Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Mac Mini & NEC Spectraview PA272W wrong resolution

I have connected my new M1 mini to our Spectraview PA272w colour reference monitor via HDMI but it only gives a max resolution of 1920x1080 instead of 2560x1440.

If I connect it to a Samsung 4K monitor again via HDMI with the same cable its all good & I get different options in Displays in System Prefs.

I suspect that the mac is unable to communicate with the monitor & is just giving "safe" options.

I do not have Spectraview II software installed but NEC have released a special version for M1 Macs which supposedly sorts the problem out as long as you have a USB cable from the mac to the monitor as well.

Does anyone else have this problem or have they managed to solve it with this monitor & Spectraview II?

Should also point out that I also have a M1 laptop as well & when I connect that to the PA272w I get the same result so not a cable issue or port issue with the mini.

Posted on May 5, 2021 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 7:09 AM

Go to Apple > System Preferences > Displays > Display tab > hold the Alt (option) key > click the Scaled button and see if you are offered the higher resolution.

If not, then try a different short Premium Certified HDMI cable with that display.

https://www.hdmi.org/spec/premiumcable

Similar questions

3 replies

M1 Mac Mini & NEC Spectraview PA272W wrong resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.