Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ordered Smart Keyboard Folio for 5th Gen, got last years model.

I just ordered the 5th gen 2021 iPad Pro 12.9" screen with the Smart Keyboard Folio. The website and my order says it is the Smart Keyboard Folio (5th gen) but the one that arrived says for 3rd and 4th gen on the back and was manufactured last year. I know the iPad is slightly thicker and am concerned that it won't fit. Unfortunately, the return period will be up by the time my iPad arrives to check.

I called and they said everything is good and that the SN of the one they sent says 5th gen on their end. Was there no change in size or anything for this folio? Interested to see, as I know the Magic Keyboard may not fit properly and wasn't sure about the folio.

Posted on May 5, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 9:01 AM

The Keyboard folio was not updated for this year's iPad Pros Its still the same one from last year.

Compatibility states it works with 5th gen iPads so it should work.

The issue with the Magic keyboard is closing precisely over the keyboard since its a tiny bit thicker (0.5mm), this should not affect the Folio, since the hinge is made of fabric material and has enough give to accommodate the new thickness.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 9:01 AM in response to JayWV

The Keyboard folio was not updated for this year's iPad Pros Its still the same one from last year.

Compatibility states it works with 5th gen iPads so it should work.

The issue with the Magic keyboard is closing precisely over the keyboard since its a tiny bit thicker (0.5mm), this should not affect the Folio, since the hinge is made of fabric material and has enough give to accommodate the new thickness.

Ordered Smart Keyboard Folio for 5th Gen, got last years model.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.