Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad storage is full. How do I correct this

IPad storage is full. How do I correct this.

Posted on May 5, 2021 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 10:15 AM

The only remedy to having too little space on your device is to identify and remove unwanted data. You may find these help pages offer some useful information and insight:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

About storage on your device and in iCloud – Apple Support

If, when looking at your own data storage usage, you see that the “other” category is consuming an disproportionate amount of space on your iPad, this support page may be helpful to you:

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

These support pages may prove to be useful:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

External storage devices may be helpful for offloading data to which you do not require regular access - however, for the most part, this data cannot be directly accessed/viewed/edited/manipulated unless it is first copied back to the iPad. Despite optimistic marketing by Apple, iPad cannot replicate much of the flexibility of a traditional computer such as you may be attempting to make comparison.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful to you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 10:15 AM in response to Adalard105

The only remedy to having too little space on your device is to identify and remove unwanted data. You may find these help pages offer some useful information and insight:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

About storage on your device and in iCloud – Apple Support

If, when looking at your own data storage usage, you see that the “other” category is consuming an disproportionate amount of space on your iPad, this support page may be helpful to you:

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

These support pages may prove to be useful:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

External storage devices may be helpful for offloading data to which you do not require regular access - however, for the most part, this data cannot be directly accessed/viewed/edited/manipulated unless it is first copied back to the iPad. Despite optimistic marketing by Apple, iPad cannot replicate much of the flexibility of a traditional computer such as you may be attempting to make comparison.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful to you.

May 5, 2021 2:28 PM in response to Adalard105

Little hard to advise and help you when you provide NO information about your iPad.

Here are my questions to you.

What year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on aluminium back of your iPad in small print right under the larger bold print “iPad”.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

Please attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

IPad storage is full. How do I correct this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.