Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my apple watch work outside the US?

Hi, my dad is currently in the US and I asked him to buy an apple watch for me, since I live in Paraguay and the prices are a bit cheaper there. My question is, will the apple watch my dad buys in the US work here in Paraguay? Im planning to buy the SE, GPS model but I’ve seen in some forums that apple watches bought in the US may not always work outside the US, Canada and Mexico, so I wanted to check before I buy the product. Again, I want to buy the SE, GPS model.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 5, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 10:19 AM

To cover the LTE and UMTS bands used around the world, cellular models of Apple Watch come in regional models for the Americas, China mainland and Europe/Asia Pacific. Unlike iPhone, there isn't a worldwide Apple Watch model that supports all cellular bands used globally.

A cellular watch bought in the US will only function in North America,Canada,Mexico and Puerto Rico anywhere else it will function as a GPS only watch.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 10:19 AM in response to garykarlik

To cover the LTE and UMTS bands used around the world, cellular models of Apple Watch come in regional models for the Americas, China mainland and Europe/Asia Pacific. Unlike iPhone, there isn't a worldwide Apple Watch model that supports all cellular bands used globally.

A cellular watch bought in the US will only function in North America,Canada,Mexico and Puerto Rico anywhere else it will function as a GPS only watch.

Will my apple watch work outside the US?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.