Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have Macbook Pro, Mid 2012 model and i am using MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, i want to update to the latest version of macOS but unable to do so please help and share link for new macOS

i have Macbook Pro, Mid 2012 model and i am using MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, i want to update to the latest version of macOS but unable to do so please help and share link for new macOS

Posted on May 5, 2021 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 10:54 AM

Hi, kamaljeetsingh84, i’d be delighted to help you !

high sierra should be available here:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT211683

after High sierra comes Mojave.. then maybe El Capitan.. you could, technically upgrade to Catalina but you’d have to go through High Sierra, then Mojave, then El Capitan… from there, Catalina is available in the app store, should you wish it.. the only caveat with Catalina is that it is 100% 64 bit, both hardware and software… which would mean that your programs/applications would have to be updated to be 64 bit, and thus Catalina compliant.. this also applies to printer drivers as well….

good luck

john.b

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 10:54 AM in response to kamaljeetsingh84

Hi, kamaljeetsingh84, i’d be delighted to help you !

high sierra should be available here:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT211683

after High sierra comes Mojave.. then maybe El Capitan.. you could, technically upgrade to Catalina but you’d have to go through High Sierra, then Mojave, then El Capitan… from there, Catalina is available in the app store, should you wish it.. the only caveat with Catalina is that it is 100% 64 bit, both hardware and software… which would mean that your programs/applications would have to be updated to be 64 bit, and thus Catalina compliant.. this also applies to printer drivers as well….

good luck

john.b

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.