Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have stored spreadsheet files in the iCloud environment. I was browsing recently and noticed that several old spreadsheets have disappeared, which I definitely DID NOT delete. Where might they be?

Where might I find files in iCloud that should be in the Numbers folder but are gone? I did not delete them.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 5, 2021 1:33 PM

5 replies

May 6, 2021 12:06 PM in response to Rick in Oakville

Hello Rick,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you are looking for spreadsheets that should be in the Numbers folder on iCloud.com. Another location could be the Files app if you are using an iPhone, iPad or iPod. This article will provide you with information on using the Files app which you may find useful:

Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

May 7, 2021 1:04 PM in response to Alwayswantingtohelp1

I appreciate the suggestion, but that wasn't it.

More information: I went to the iCloud Drive on my W10 PC. There, in the Numbers folder, I found the missing files - but only as file names. The content of the files was gone. I assure you I did not delete the content (at least not intentionally, but I don't know how I could have done something so drastic to three files accidentally).

The files do not appear even as empty files with names in any of my Apple devices or on iCloud.com.

May 8, 2021 1:58 PM in response to Alwayswantingtohelp1

As I mentioned earlier, the files do not appear on iCloud Drive within iCloud.com. At all - not as current files or recently deleted. However, within iCloud Drive on my Windows 10 PC, the files I am interested in appear by name, but are empty. How could they have been erased without my authorization from iCloud.com, while simultaneously appearing to exist, but the data within them erased, within the iCloud Drive environment on my PC?

A long way of saying the article you pointed me to was of no help.

Thanks.

I have stored spreadsheet files in the iCloud environment. I was browsing recently and noticed that several old spreadsheets have disappeared, which I definitely DID NOT delete. Where might they be?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.