Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay phone call audio issues

Hi all,

I just got a brand new car, a 2021 Kia Forte, and the Apple CarPlay does not work correctly when I make phone calls. When my iPhone 11 is connected via CarPlay with a USB cord, people hear my voice as distorted/blurred/crackling which makes it hard or impossible for them to understand me, but I can hear them perfectly fine. If my phone is connected via the car’s bluetooth only, the call will work perfectly and my voice is just fine to others (but then I can’t use CarPlay for other things, like Google Maps, which I rely heavily on).

I have restarted my phone and car several times, and disconnected and reconnected my phone to the car. My phone software is currently up to date, at 14.5.1. I’ve tried several different USB cords (all official Apple ones), even bought a new one, and it hasn’t changed anything. Please, any advice on how to fix this, or how to get Apple to include a bug fix in their next update, would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 11

Posted on May 5, 2021 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2021 8:07 PM

Check with your Kia dealer to see if there is a software update for their vehicle. While Apple provides the interface for CarPlay, the vehicle manufacturer handles the way that CarPlay works in their vehicles. They have software in their radio systems that operates CarPlay, the iPhone just connects to it. They should be able to help you. You can take a look at this support document, If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support however this is just about the connection.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2021 8:07 PM in response to bibliophile236

Check with your Kia dealer to see if there is a software update for their vehicle. While Apple provides the interface for CarPlay, the vehicle manufacturer handles the way that CarPlay works in their vehicles. They have software in their radio systems that operates CarPlay, the iPhone just connects to it. They should be able to help you. You can take a look at this support document, If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support however this is just about the connection.

Apple CarPlay phone call audio issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.