Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up

Hi! I am extremely scared because a pop up that said “Hackers are watching you” on my phone popped up and claimed it was by the apple company. I stupidly pressed the link and took me to the app and installed it. And I am extremely scared because now I don’t know what to do.

iPhone XR

Posted on May 6, 2021 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 7:08 AM

Hello,

this is a fake pop up, no need to worry! You can just close out of the tap and disregard it, you can learn more about scams at this link Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support. Feel free to delete the app it downloaded.

-Drake

2 replies

May 6, 2021 7:15 AM in response to Anna_1221

This is a scam. Apple will NEVER tell you to install any app EVER.

• If you entered banking information in the app, contact your bank immediately and freeze your card.
  • If you entered passwords in the app, change your passwords immediately.
  • Uninstall the app you installed.

If you follow these steps, you should be safe and sound. Also read this for more info on phishing scams involving scammers pretending to be Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204759

Pop up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.