Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages to non-Apple phones?

Somehow I have misplaced a setting of some sort in all the recent updates to the operating system.   My problem now is that in Messages I cannot sent texts to non-Apple telephones.   I used to do this all the time.   Now Messages won’t deliver my texts to those phones.

What do I re-set in order to get Messages to send texts to non-Apple cell phones?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 6, 2021 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 8:55 AM

you change the language on the bottom of the pages

Set up iPhone to get SMS texts on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

May 6, 2021 8:53 AM in response to Rudegar

I do not know the language of the first linked page. After looking at the second page, I compared Messages between my Mac and my iPhone. The iPhone Messages continues to send text messages to a non-Apple cell phone. I then went into Messages in the Mac. I opened the application's preferences. I found a setting for "Enable Messages in iCloud." I clicked to enable that preference. Doing so made no difference. I still cannot send texts from Mac Messages but I can from iOS Messages.

Messages to non-Apple phones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.