Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls from iPad through iPhone

Why do calls occasionally drop?

iPad Pro, iPhone 12, iOS 14.5.1. All settings checked by Apple and me.

very annoying

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 6, 2021 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 11:37 AM

psmyth wrote:

Why do calls occasionally drop?
iPad Pro, iPhone 12, iOS 14.5.1. All settings checked by Apple and me.
very annoying

What does all settings checked by Apple and me mean? Very annoying when you give vague details.

4 replies

May 18, 2021 9:29 AM in response to psmyth

Hi, I am having the same issue after I have updated my iPad 11" Pro (2nd gen) (wifi only) to iPad OS 14.5.1 I had reported it yesterday with Apple Support but they just let me do the reset to factory settings, erase all content and settings, hard reset and still the issue persist. The tech support have told me to plug and unplug my router. I did that today and tried again but still Call failed in Messenger, FaceTime and Instagram. Even recording of audio in Messenger gets cut off. Prior to updating to the latest OS, I did not experience this. So frustrating since the iPad is just less than a week with me and I had been experiencing this. With my iPhone X, none of this is an issue. Audio and Video calls are working just fine.

Calls from iPad through iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.