Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes sign in loop

On my Mac I am in a loop trying to sign in to iTunes, I have ignored but now must get in to reload iOS on my pad, I enter password and just get sign in screen over and over, I have changed password but problem continues

HELP

Posted on May 6, 2021 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 1:24 PM

Hey there, dighton113!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having trouble signing into iTunes on your Mac. We'll do all we can to help get you signed in so you can reinstall iOS on your iPad!

Since running into this issue, have you tried closing iTunes and restarting your Mac? If so, go ahead and check to make sure you have the latest macOS version installed. Depending on your model Mac, you might upgrade to a newer version that no longer includes iTunes. You can find more info to help with these steps below:

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Once you've restarted and/or checked for the macOS and iTunes versions, go ahead and try signing in once more if still using iTunes. Feel free to post an update for continued support!

All the best.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 1:24 PM in response to dighton113

Hey there, dighton113!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having trouble signing into iTunes on your Mac. We'll do all we can to help get you signed in so you can reinstall iOS on your iPad!

Since running into this issue, have you tried closing iTunes and restarting your Mac? If so, go ahead and check to make sure you have the latest macOS version installed. Depending on your model Mac, you might upgrade to a newer version that no longer includes iTunes. You can find more info to help with these steps below:

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Once you've restarted and/or checked for the macOS and iTunes versions, go ahead and try signing in once more if still using iTunes. Feel free to post an update for continued support!

All the best.

iTunes sign in loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.