Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally toasted my SSD

I accidentally toasted my SSD on my MacBook Air. Does anybody know how much it will cost to get it fixed without AppleCare+?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 6, 2021 4:59 PM

4 replies

May 8, 2021 4:56 PM in response to Deborahr210

The error message is caused by a network issue. Try connecting the laptop directly to the network with an Ethernet cable and a USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter for a faster more reliable connection that bypasses any possible WiFi issues that are hard to troubleshoot.

If you have an M1 Mac, then you cannot use the startup key combinations to boot an M1 Mac as those key combinations only work with an Intel Mac. You instead must press and hold the power button to access the special Mac startup options.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/macos-recovery-a-mac-apple-silicon-mchl82829c17/mac

May 7, 2021 2:53 PM in response to babowa

early 2020 MacBook Air . also I was trying to erase it and Imust have misclicked something else. now it only boots into windows saying "your pc needs to be fixed'. and command r, option command r, and shift option command r doesn't work as after sometime a globe with an exclamation mark in the middle of a triangle appears. it says support.apple.com/mac/startup and below that says -2003f. I got the Mac brand new and I had somehow accidentally downloaded a virus. I didn't have backups so my only option was to erase it.

I accidentally toasted my SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.