Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download Catalina

I need to make an installer disk of macOS Catalina, but following the link provided in apple's support documentation does not work. It opens the app store, which then gives a 'cannot connect' error (despite connecting just fine and happily serving me ads). How else can I download a Catalina installer?

Posted on May 6, 2021 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 2:15 AM

There are several reasons and the most often reason is Safari is not being used to commence the download. Safari should give a Redirect and open the Apple Apps Store to Catalina. Another reason is the computer on which Catalina is being attempted to downloaded Catalina is not a Supported Computer for Catalina. If this is the same - Apple will not allow downloading anything newer that is computer supports / qualifies to download.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 2:15 AM in response to bobthedeadly

There are several reasons and the most often reason is Safari is not being used to commence the download. Safari should give a Redirect and open the Apple Apps Store to Catalina. Another reason is the computer on which Catalina is being attempted to downloaded Catalina is not a Supported Computer for Catalina. If this is the same - Apple will not allow downloading anything newer that is computer supports / qualifies to download.

Cannot download Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.