Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change of payment and AppStore

I’m French and I’ve been using the French AppStore for years.

I want to change my payment method with my Malaysian bank account. I’ll use my Malaysian card and my Malaysian address to do so.

the AppStore I’ll be prompted to will be the Malaysian one. Which I’m fine with.

But what will happen to the apps I’ve purchased onto the French AppStore?

And what about the updates? Will the apps update regardless of which AppStore they’ve been purchased from?

I think yes.

Lemme know please!

Have a great day ahead!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 7, 2021 12:11 AM

3 replies

May 7, 2021 6:25 PM in response to Bruno de Malaisie

Hi there Bruno de Malaisie,

We understand that you would like to change the country/region of your Apple ID account. We’d be glad to assist.

To start, look over this great article about what will happen when you change the country or region and how to do so:

Change your Apple ID country or region

If you have further questions after reviewing that, then we would advise contacting our Billing Support. They can be reached under the ‘Billing & Subscriptions’ section here:

Get Support

Take care!

May 7, 2021 8:03 PM in response to Ben_Z1

Thanks a lot for the answer.

But I have 3 extra question still not answered:

• What about the apps I’ve purchased while using the French AppStore?
  • Will I still own them?
  • Will they be updated automatically even though I use the Malaysian AppStore?

I understood everything I need to do prior to changing payment method, not to worry.

And I’m

pretty sure the answer will be yes for both my questions, but no harm asking;))

Thanks again!!!

Change of payment and AppStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.