Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to iOS 14.5.1

Whenever I try to update my phone to iOS 14.5.1 it says estimating time remaining, but nothing happens. I have rebooted my phone multiple times, reset network settings, I even tried logging out of my Apple account, also I have sufficient space. I don’t have a Mac either. Can someone help, please?

iPhone 11

Posted on May 7, 2021 1:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 1:48 AM

Use internet speed over 15 Mbps (both download and upload) speed for error free update. Avoid latching on to Hotspot or WiFi Extenders

VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the update servers.

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
  1. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
  1. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
  1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

Try updating iOS after each step.

• Try Forget the WiFi network and add again
  • Try another WiFi network 
  • Toggle sets automatically off and then on
  • Reset your network settings
  • Force restart your device
  • Remove any beta profiles, if applicable
  • If everything fails: - Use iTunes or Finder (for MacOS Catalina+) to update your device instead of over-the-air

Less

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 3:02 PM

View answer in context

All replies Drop Down menu

Page content loaded

Question marked as

Apple recommended

User profile for user: SravanKrA

SravanKrA

User level:

Level 10

In response to samiksha160

Use internet speed over 15 Mbps (both download and upload) speed for error free update. Avoid latching on to Hotspot or WiFi Extenders

VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the update servers.

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

• If everything fails: - Use iTunes or Finder (for MacOS Catalina+) to update your device instead of over-the-air

More

Oct 18, 2020 3:02 PM

Reply Helpful Post actions

1. Page 1/1

Question:

Q: My phone is not being updated. It’s showing estimated time remaining

Following

Apple Footer

• This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of UseSee how your data is managed...

Apple

1.  Support
  2.  Communities

More ways to shop: Visit an Apple Store, call 1-800-MY-APPLE, or find a reseller.

United States

Copyright © 2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

Privacy Policy Terms of Use Sales and Refunds LegalSite Map

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 1:48 AM in response to sherwin3502

Less

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 3:02 PM

View answer in context

All replies Drop Down menu

Page content loaded

Question marked as

Apple recommended

User profile for user: SravanKrA

SravanKrA

User level:

Level 10

In response to samiksha160

More

Oct 18, 2020 3:02 PM

Reply Helpful Post actions

1. Page 1/1

Question:

Q: My phone is not being updated. It’s showing estimated time remaining

Following

Apple Footer

• This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of UseSee how your data is managed...

Apple

1.  Support
  2.  Communities

More ways to shop: Visit an Apple Store, call 1-800-MY-APPLE, or find a reseller.

United States

Copyright © 2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

Privacy Policy Terms of Use Sales and Refunds LegalSite Map

Updating to iOS 14.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.